Terms & Conditions
The following are the Terms and Conditions for purchases of Roaming Man™ products and/or services from UCLOUDLINK SDN.BHD.(hereafter “UCLOUDLINK”). In order to place an order with our company, you must read and agree to the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) below. It is your responsibility to read and understand the terms and conditions completely and thoroughly, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
UCLOUDLINK and you (the “Customer”) hereby agree to the following terms and conditions with respect to the product and/or service offering by UCLOUDLINK to the Customer of the wireless communication device and peripheral equipment (the “Equipment”), including, but not limited to, mobile hotspots, USB cables, User Manuals, and related or additional services (the “Services”) which are described herein or included in any written agreement between Customer and UCLOUDLINK for products and/or services (“Agreement”).
1. If the Customer places an order via UCLOUDLINK's website (www.roamingman.my), this will constitute the Customer’s acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. If the Customer places an order via UCLOUDLINK's authorized Distributors or any other method, acceptance of the Equipment shall constitute the Customer's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. If Customer is an entity other than an individual, the person signing the Agreement represents and warrants that he/she has been properly authorized and empowered to enter into the Agreement on behalf of such entity.
2. Customer authorizes UCLOUDLINK to verify the Customer's creditworthiness with a credit reporting agency.
1. Services Period or Usage Term – The number of days between the Departure Date and Return Date as specified by Customer in placing order with UCLOUDLINK.
2. The Customer will pay daily charges from the Departure Date (which refers to the hotspot activation date as specified by Customer in placing order) until the Return Date (the date in which the Customer returns from the travel as specified by Customer in placing order) for all of the Equipment specified in the Terms and Conditions. Services Charges apply to full days only (not fractional days).
3. UCLOUDLINK is entitled to bill the Customer, on a delayed basis, at any time after the Equipment has been returned for any and all charges for which the Customer shall be responsible pursuant hereto, whether or not UCLOUDLINK is aware of such charges at the time of the return of the Equipment. All charges and other amounts billed pursuant to this Agreement are payable by the Customer at the end of Usage Term, or if not computed at the end of Usage Term, then upon demand given by UCLOUDLINK to the Customer.
4. The Services Charge is charged to customer credit card or by other payment methods acceptable to UCLOUDLINK upon placement of Customer order. Any other amounts due to UCLOUDLINK under this Agreement are payable at the end of the Usage Term or such date as may be specified by UCLOUDLINK in writing. UCLOUDLINK shall be entitled to charge interest at the rate of 5% per month (or partial month) or highest lawful rate, whichever is less, on any overdue amounts.
5. Late fees start on the 3rd day (self-pick up) or 6th working day (delivery) after the end of Usage Term, per day/per unit, until the date Customer returns the Equipment.
6. Customer shall be liable for and obligated to pay UCLOUDLINK for all expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, collection fees and court costs incurred in connection with any collection, repossession or other action brought to enforce UCLOUDLINK's rights hereunder.
7. Pricing. The following are the prices charged for UCLOUDLINK's equipment and services (Services), and all prices are in Ringgit Malaysia.
Equipment & Services
Price inclusive of all taxes
RoamingMan™ WiFi Hotspot & Service
RoamingMan™ WiFi – Hotspot
Standard Daily Rate pursuant to Customer order
Hotspot service charged per day/unit
|Device protection fee||RM 20/ device||It is an optional choice to customers. |
Device Protection Fee cover :
Missing or damaged USB cable
Missing or damaged Pouch
Water damaged of the device
Device appearance seriously damaged, but remains functional
Screen of device seriously scratched, and/or charging port blocked/damaged but Equipment remains functional
Device Protection Fee does NOT COVER:
Missing or loss of the device
Late return fees
RoamingMan™ WiFi - Early & Late Fee
Standard Daily Rate pursuant to Customer order
A charge of RM 10/ day is applicable for early device pick up which refer to 2 days ealier from the wifi activation date
Late charge for self-pick up start from the 3rd day of wifi usage end date at a rate of RM 20 per day
Late charge for delivery service start from the 6th day of wifi usage end date at a rate of RM 20 per day
Fees for Damaged or Lost Items
RoamingMan™ WiFi Hotspot
RM 350 /each
If equipment is lost, stolen, or severely damaged/water damaged
RM 250 /each
Equipment severely damaged but still functional
RM 100 /each
Screen or equipment be manually seriously scratched
RM 15/ each
Including missing or damaged USB cable.
RM 20 / each
Including missing or damaged Packet
RM 30/ cancelled order
Cancellation fee will be charged for order which is cancelled less than 10 days from the travelling date.
|Payment gateway fees||*Subjected to the 1% additional charges|
No deposit is required for Malaysian Residents & Malaysian PR
*Foreigner with Malaysia Work Permit and Foreigner will be charged for RM 350 deposit fees. Deposit will be returned upon returning of device
· IV. Payment and Forms of Payment
1. The Rental Charge is charged to customer credit card or by other payment methods acceptable to UCLOUDLINK upon placement of Customer order. Any other amounts due to UCLOUDLINK under this Agreement are payable at the end of the Usage Term or such date as may be specified by UCLOUDLINK in writing.
2. By providing UCLOUDLINK with a Credit Card, the Customer represents that UCLOUDLINK is authorized to make charges on such account.
3. At UCLOUDLINK's sole discretion, we may establish invoicing for corporate or other Customers.
· V Use of Equipment
1. Upon delivery to the Customer, UCLOUDLINK will provide instructions on the use of the Equipment by way of User Manual.
2. The wifi activation time shall follow the Malaysia Time Zone GMT +8
3. The Customer will use the Equipment in a careful and proper manner and in accordance with the instructions within the User Manual and in no other manner.
4. The Customer agrees not to:
1).use the Equipment in any country not listed in the original order for purposes other than the setup and configuration.
2).effect any repairs or modifications to the Equipment, or attempt to reverse engineer the Equipment;
3).remove or interfere with any certification markers affixed to the Equipment;
4).deface or add to the Equipment;
5).sublet or allow the use of the Equipment by any third party;
6).attempt to dispose of the Equipment, or encumber or grant any interest in the Equipment to any third party.
5. In the event of any loss, damage, theft or disappearance of the Equipment while in Services Period, regardless of circumstances, the Customer shall pay to UCLOUDLINK on demand, an amount equivalent to the value of the Equipment in accordance with UCLOUDLINK’s then-current listed prices in Terms and Conditions. In the event the Equipment is stolen or lost, the Customer is liable for all Services Charges on such Equipment until it is deactivated by UCLOUDLINK.
6. During the Use of Equipment, the Customer should contact UCLOUDLINK with any trouble or customer support issues in order to provide UCLOUDLINK the opportunity to resolve any difficulties.
7. Customer is required to charge the pocket wifi device while switching off the device and connect to the direct electric power supply. Device will be fully charged upon 3 to 4 hours connecting to the electric power supply. Charging the pocket wifi via power bank while on the go will affect the effectiveness of battery charging.
· VI. In The Event of Loss or Damaged Equipment
1. In the event that your Equipment has been lost, damaged, stolen, or disappeared, notify UCLOUDLINK immediately by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· VII. Repairs or Damaged Equipment
1. If the Equipment is not in working order when received by the Customer or subsequently malfunctions then the Customer will notify UCLOUDLINK immediately.
2. UCLOUDLINK will repair or replace the Equipment as soon as possible after UCLOUDLINK has been notified of the problem by the Customer, and provided the Customer is not in breach of its agreement with UCLOUDLINK, UCLOUDLINK will provide the Customer with the same or similar equipment (which shall constitute Equipment for purposes of this Agreement) as soon as possible for a period equivalent to the part of the Services Period unexpired when the malfunction occurred.
3. If UCLOUDLINK finds that Equipment reported as faulty is in working order then the Customer will pay the cost of collection and delivery of the replacement Equipment in addition to the other fees payable under the Terms and Conditions.
· IX. Ownership
1. The Equipment will at all times remain property of UCLOUDLINK. Customers have no rights other than temporary use. During the Services Period, no dismantling or part replacements are authorized without the written approval of UCLOUDLINK.
· X. Termination
1. The use of the Equipment and all Services may be terminated or deactivated without notice by UCLOUDLINK upon any of the following events: (a) UCLOUDLINK has any reason to believe the Equipment was obtained by any misrepresentation or fraudulent means; (b) UCLOUDLINK has any reason to believe that any meter on the Equipment has been tampered with; (c) UCLOUDLINK has any reason to believe the Equipment is or may be used for any illegal or improper purpose, or in violation of applicable laws; (d) a breach of any of these Terms and Conditions including the payment terms; or (e) detection of unusually high usage, or possible theft or fraud. UCLOUDLINK may also, at its discretion and in addition to other remedies available hereunder at law or in equity, take immediate possession of the Equipment without being obliged to repay any portion of the Services Charges. UCLOUDLINK may also terminate these Terms and Conditions without any liability whatsoever in the event that Services are not available to UCLOUDLINK or becomes unavailable for any reason. No remedy of UCLOUDLINK shall be exclusive of any other remedy whether provided herein or available at law or in equity, but shall be cumulative with other remedies.
2. Should the Customer (a) obtain use of the Equipment by any misrepresentation or fraudulent means, or (b) tamper with Equipment, or (c) use the Equipment for any illegal or improper purpose, or in violation of applicable laws, or (d) otherwise commit a breach of these terms and conditions, then UCLOUDLINK may, at its option and in addition to other remedies available hereunder at law or in equity, (i) terminate this Agreement, (ii) immediately terminate all services to the Customer, and (iii) take immediate possession of the Equipment without being obliged to repay any portion of the Rental Charges. UCLOUDLINK may also terminate this Agreement without any liability whatsoever to the Customer in the event that Services is not available to UCLOUDLINK by a systems operator. No remedy of UCLOUDLINK shall be exclusive of any other remedy whether provided herein or available at law or in equity, but shall be cumulative with other remedies.
· XI. Applicable Law
1. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia, without giving effect to its choice of laws or provisions. Any legal action or similar proceedings shall be instituted and held in Malaysia, and Customer consents to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia.
· XII. Liability, In-Country Service, & Representations
– In some countries, a Fair Use Policy may be in place in accordance with the business practices of the local internet service provider (the local in-country wireless network carrier or operator). If a FUP is in place, it may limit the transfer of a specific amount of data over a period of time. Internet service providers commonly apply a cap on the amount of wireless data when an individual user has exceeded a certain amount of data within a specified time period, which can result in a throttling down (slow down) of the connection speed.